Monday, July 1, 2013

The very beginning

Today I am officially starting my at home business of crocheting and selling items through Facebook (link here), and I couldn't be more excited.

I'm a stay-at-home mum of two beautiful boys.

Jack (2 years) my snuggle pot!
Harry (4 months) my chubby bubby!
I started crocheting many years ago when encouraged by my grandmother to never have idle hands. I got as far as making a granny square blanket, about the size of a double bed, and than decided I'd had enough. I did however, continue my crafting journey through knitting, sewing and embroidery. Fast forward to being pregnant with Harry and I found my impatience of the pregnancy growing rapidly and decided once again it was time to pick up my hook.

I started off with a basic rainbow single crocheted baby blanket. It really doesn't get any easier than that. It took me around 8 weeks with a few rows every day and with much procrastination it took me a further 2 weeks to weave in the 30 or so loose threads. I have since found my passion in making beanies, but I do occasionally venture out into other items.

My goal is to enjoy my hobby while making some money on the side for a few adventures for the kidlets and I. I hope you enjoy our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment